Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sock Puppet monkey does Lewis Carroll

Trying out the track read in Dragonframe.
(Sockmonkey phoneme pictures courtesy of Dragonframe. )
Trying out Soundbooth.


j
abbawock2
from Lachlan Creagh on Vimeo.

Looking at Max2017  today- (unrelated)

Thoughts-
Sock monkey might need a couple more visemes,
I might need to learn to use Soundbooth a bit better or record clips that don't clip out- or buy an actual microphone.

 Tried just doing a pass on the face shapes -
then started on the phoneme/dialogue-
and it comes through on the dope sheet easy.
Dragonframe you rock-
I like how I can bumble through its functionality  without too many video tuts etc. I think that means good design.
Now I just need a character I can try it on properly    :/

Did try out a couple of rough tests in Dragonframe again.
But it was late and things didn't work out- here is a small paperclay summary-
faarkoff from Lachlan Creagh on Vimeo.

paperclayman from Lachlan Creagh on Vimeo.
Interesting that even though the different heads are pretty different-
it still reads in a craptastic way. Its funny how the brain works.
The reason the blob does those simple curvy moves in and out is- I was going back over the interface and decided to make paths with ticks to follow just as an exercise.
plus he aint got legs.

No comments: