Sunday, August 11, 2019

Chomp

Alligator eat from Lachlan Creagh on Vimeo.

Alligator anims rendered out of 3ds max to see what needs fixing.
Eat anims not too bad...
Obviously on land alligators/crocodile don't really leap- they kind of charge- but for the sake of a game attack animation I try to make the implausible plausible.
Of course they do launch themselves from the water because their tail can drive them in the water....
but they don't really get 'air' on land.

The quick walk back /reset after the lunge attack thing the back right foot looks a bit quick/flappy,
I think side on it looked ok in 3dsmax but this view shows something is up/needs fixing....
also front right that brief hyperextend is a bit annoying-( might have to lift foot briefly or add shoulder anim to give reach.)....


Possibly also a bit quick ending really...but it's hard ...I always worry I need to keep them short and gamey more than slow and real so often find myself rushing to end them.

Model/bones by Rob, anim by me.

No comments: