Sunday, August 4, 2019

Blinded by the light



Well made it to life drawing at Dust Temple- after nearly half a year.
Eyesight still a bit of a worry-
I've got reading glasses now which I rarely use, but they're not much use at life drawing....often the light on my paper is a problem....can't actually see where my pencil tip is because of the shadow
Anyway
As usual music was good, lots of nice fellow arty types...


I'd moved for this one above because I was behind her- all there was to see was hair and a pillow...
anyhow  I moved but where I'd moved to the lights were on my left so a black shadow from my hand/pencil was on the paper so I literally couldn't see where I was drawing...



Above was second week back (last week) and below are from a fortnight ago- 1st week back...
pretty dire but as I say first week back you get points for turning up.



Very difficult to get yourself to focus and pay close attention after months of not- very different to bumbling around while drawing in sketchbook




No comments: