Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Brisbane Supanova-2013


Well no explanatory photos.
General impression- sold a lot less than Sydney.
Possibly due to me being in an altered state of consciousness most of the time.
Why?
 Because the food and most importantly coffee was inaccessible.
So by mid afternoon each day I was in a bit of daze because I hadn't had any coffee or food all day (except for breakfast).
In this respect the Sydney venue is vastly superior.
Plus the artist alley was set in a carpark- yes a carpark,- very classy.

Also I felt very unprepared- I had big plans of getting little art books printed etc- but the whole new computer fiasco and disaster of the last 4 months...I dunno- what happened?...anyway.
Plus I was certain when I was booking the thing that it was on later int he month- did they swap the Brisbane and Adelaide dates at all in the last 2 months?

I got a lot of good feedback on Dinosaur Rocks- from people who had bought it last year and their kids a year later still loved it- thank you- you guys made my year hearing that.
Didn't sell any Wombat's birthday surprise- did sell a few other wombat books.
I was only there the Saturday and Sunday- so I guess the drawing output wasn't too bad given I hadn't done any preparation (see previous post).


No comments: